Department of Care & Welfare
(Minister of Health, Labor, and Welfare approved)
2 Year Course
Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Approved ‘Occupational Practice Specialized Training Course’
A nursing care worker with national qualification in Japan is a specialist who supports those who have trouble carrying out everyday tasks. Here at the Department of Nursing Care and Welfare, we believe that it is important to nurture personal growth while also acquiring practical skills. We hope that our students will sincerely endeavor to deepen their understanding of those who they come in contact with and learn to treat them with respect and dignity in their work.
Year 1: 1,110 hours Year 2: 1,048 hours
Total: 2,158 hours
Enrolment to Graduation
Learn the basics of welfare and social studies and gain a deeper understanding of human sentience. Students learn to prepare themselves to begin working in this specialized field.
- Basics of Nursing Care
- Process of Nursing Care
- Dignity and Independence
- Living Support Techniques
- How the Mind and Body Work
- Learning Methods
Nursing Care Training
Gain an understanding of the wishes and thoughts of those staying at facilities for the elderly or disabled.
Semester 2 Training: 18 days
Students must learn the skill, knowledge and compassion required for nursing care in order to be able to realize the wishes and hopes of those registered at care facilities.
- Process of Nursing Care 2
- Understanding Dementia
- Living Support Techniques
- Asia Today
- Medical Treatment Care
Nursing Care Training
Students working in cooperation with staff at care facilities and their residents with the wishes and thoughts of their patients in mind, and work to increase their ability to apply what they learn in class to the workplace, while also paying attention to their own personal growth.
Semester 4 Training: 7 days
Employment Support Service
At Tokyo International Welfare College, we start employment support at an early stage, and carry out regular individual consultations in order to help students find a specific place of employment that they would like to work at. Our one-on-one counselling and seamless support ensures that all our students get to choose the most suitable and best future for them.
Our teaching staff are highly-knowledgeable and experienced in all fields of welfare.
Students can engage in efficient learning thanks to the wide variety of amenities at our college.
Welfare and nursing care facilities are equipped with various equipment to provide even a little more comfort to those in care.
At Tokyo International Welfare College, we use teaching methods incorporating actual care facility amenities to ensure that our students can develop the specific skills involved.
Nursing Care Training Room
Bathing Training Room
Food Preparation Training Room
Music Room / Piano Lesson Room
Computer Skills Room
We pray that even one more person who shares a passion for creating a positive welfare environment where everyone can equally enjoy living well may come to our college to learn and continue to work on the front line of nursing care in the future.
Executive Director & Overseas Student Committee Chairperson,
Association for Technical and Career Education
Vice-Chairperson & International Exchange Project Committee Chairperson,
Metropolitan Tokyo Professional Institution Association
Department of Care & Welfare (2-Year Course)Care & Welfare Worker Training Faculty approved by the Minister of Health, Labor, and Welfare
*Care & Welfare Worker National Examination Qualification bestowed on graduation.
Department of Parenting Support (2-Year Course)Childcare Worker Training Faculty approved by the Minister of Health,Labor, and Welfare
*Childcare National Qualification bestowed on graduation
Department of International Welfare & Business (2-Year Course)
Department of Practical Nursing Care (1-Year Course)
Department of Welfare & Communication (1-Year Course)
- Japan Association of Training Institutions for Certified Care Workers
- National Council for Childcare Training(Foundation)
- Social Welfare Corporation Tokyo Mutsumi-kai
Interpreting & Translation Studies (2 Years)Japanese-Chinese Interpretation Course
Korean-Japanese Interpretation Course
Department of Global Japan Studies (2 Years)Business Japanese Course
Tourism Japanese Course
Department of Global Communication Studies (2 Years)Japan-Vietnam Business Course
Network Business Course
Japanese Course(Full Day 1-year Course/1½-year Course; Half Day 1½-year Course/2-year Course)
- National Association of Colleges for Japanese Language Education
- Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education
- Japan Immigration Association
- International Exchange & Education Support Association
- Beijing Foreign Studies University, School of Chinese Language and Literature, Tokyo Office
National Association of Vocational Schools of Japan Association for Technical and Career Education Metropolitan Tokyo Professional Institution Association Promotion for Private Technical Schools of Japan
- Nippon Radio Techniques Institute established.
(Parent institution of Tokyo Foreign Language College)
- Denshi Gakuen (Electronics Education Institute) established.
- Shinjuku Foreign Language Academy established in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Nippon Radio Techniques Institute.
Special training school certification received. (September)
- Shinjuku Foreign Language Academy changed its name to Tokyo Foreign Language College.
- Supporting foundation changed to Tokyo International Academy.
- Japanese Course launched at Tokyo International Academy; Japanese language classes for non-Japanese nationals started.
- Tokyo International Welfare Collage established as an annex school.
- Tokyo Foreign Language College enters 35th year of establishment.
- Tokyo International Welfare Collage enters 20th year of establishment.
- Japanese Language Institute of TFLC opened.
The closest station, Shinjuku-gyoemmae, is just two stations away from Shinjuku Station on the Marunouchi Line making it very easy to access. Being able to reach the college in 20 minutes on foot from Shinjuku Station while getting in some window shopping is also one of the merits of our college.